“The Son of God Goes Forth to War!”
Many picture Jesus in robes, holding a shepherd’s staff and guiding His sheep. Others see Him crowned and bright, sitting on a throne in heaven. Less commonly today, we recognize Him as the brave and often-opposed soldier the Word tells us He is.
This Lenten season we will take a thoughtful look at Christ’s role as a warrior by reflecting on Scripture’s telling of the battle against sin and death that Jesus fought and won for us!
To be sure, everyone has busy schedules, but prayerfully consider joining us for these special services because they allow us to explore more fully our Lord’s journey to Calvary’s Cross . . . for us! –And more specifically, they help us focus on the tremendous courage, humility, and power of our Savior–and His ultimate victory. . . for us!
February 26 – Ash Wednesday – The Promised Warrior! Ash Wednesday will feature an all-church dinner, sponsored by the Ladies Group, served from 5:45-6:45PM.
All Lenten Services will begin at 7:00PM, with a light dessert served, prior to the service, at 6:30PM.
- March 4 – Hidden Warrior!
- March 11 – Skirmishes!
- March 18 – Reconnaissance Report: Know Your Enemy!
- March 25 – The Warrior Rejected by Many Followers!
- April 1 – The Warrior Faces Satan’s Ally–the World
Holy Week Schedule
- April 9 – Maundy Thursday (Communion; 7 pm) – The Battle Is Personal!
- April 10 – Good Friday (Service of Darkness; 7 pm) – The Greatest Battle Ever Fought!
- April 12 – Easter Sunday (9 am) – Victory! – (Easter Breakfast served from 8:00-8:45AM)