Dear Members and Friends –
Blessings to all of you, as I hope that this letter finds all of you doing well! It is a delight to announce to you that we are once again going to be holding regular Worship Services on Sunday mornings.
RE-OPENING UPDATE: We will begin offering our regular worship services on Sunday mornings, beginning Sunday, May 31, 2020. Be aware that our Summer Schedule hours are in effect (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend), which means that our Worship Services will begin at 9:00AM.
NO SUNDAY SCHOOL/BIBLE CLASS until September.
You should also be aware of a number of protocols that will be in place, until we have weathered the storm of the coronavirus pandemic. Some of the changes are as follows (at least through the month of June):
- Facial coverings are strongly recommended.
- A No-Touch policy is in place, which will include no hand-shaking or touching in any way.
- Numerous hand-sanitizers have been installed at the entrance to the Sanctuary and the Fellowship Hall.
- Every other pew will be left open, without any occupancy, to maintain safe-distancing.
- Bulletins will be placed on the pews for Sunday morning worship. Bulletins should be taken home or thrown away immediately following the service. Please do not leave any used bulletins in the pews.
- An offering plate will be placed at the back of the Sanctuary to receive participant offerings and gifts. No offering plate will be passed down the pews.
- Following the service, all are asked to leave the building immediately. There will be no fellowship gathering in the Fellowship Hall, following the service, and small group gatherings in the building are not recommended.
- When Holy Communion is offered, it will be distributed by the pastor to the congregants, while they remain in their pews.
According to the State of Minnesota directives, prior to attending a worship service, participants should conduct a self-check and stay home if they have symptoms of COVID 19. Symptoms can include fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, headache, muscle pain, sore throat, or loss of taste and smell. Other less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
You should also consider not attending right away, if you have in been contact with anyone with COVID 19, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone who, themselves, have been in contact with someone who has COVID 19.
While we have done everything that we can to ensure a virus-free environment, do not feel guilty or concerned if you are still unsure about attending worship. We want you to be safe and we want you to feel comfortable about attending a worship service. The decision is yours to make.
For the time being, I will still offer the recorded service for each Sunday, as well. It will continue to be posted on our website (www.gloriadeicoldspring.org), for those who are unable to attend the services. I am also available for anyone who would desire private communion at your home. Simply contact me and we can schedule a visit. Don’t hesitate to contact me if there is anything else that I can be of service to you.
May God continue to bless you and sustain you!